Saturday, July 16, 2016

Contemplations of My Newest Goal

So, there, it's done and out there.  No turning back now!

This last week in my Best Practices in Literacy Education with Technology, my awesome instructor, +Rachel Small challenged us to do something we hadn't done yet.  I have been wanting to add Book Trailers to my website for quite sometime.  Not just the ones you can find on YouTube, but the kind that are student created.  Besides, You Tube is blocked for students at our building and the kids wouldn't be able to watch them at school.

During our time to create, I collaborated with my friend Amy on her project--which I'm excited for her to start! And in between that, asking and answering other questions, I decided that I'd finally get this into place. I spent the majority of my time researching what would be the best FREE platform for me to create these on myself.  Some were either paid, or too short, or only a video hosting place.  I finally decided that I would use a program that I came across in another class a couple of years ago called, PhotoPeach.  I was frustrated when I upgraded my computer and no longer had access to PhotoStory.  Windows Movie Maker is another good option, but I wanted several different options, options that were easy for students and I am not a Mac user.  I have even created a document on how to use PhotoPeach here.  I still have yet to create my own book trailer, but I will work on that this summer. Mine will probably be the pictures with music kind, unless any of you have another (not Mac) suggestion!

This is a work in progress, but I have a good start.  I am using my Symbaloo as a place to house all of the book trailers, and I created a google form for students interested in creating book trailers to fill out and submit to me.  You can see the full webpage at my URL.

https://sites.google.com/a/sau41.org/hbms-library/all-about-books

I enjoyed this week and look forward to my next goal (every quarter?!) and keeping in touch with my new #UNHLit tribe on the Twitterverse!

Happy Summer All.
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment